The relationship between people and pets has made scientists around the world curious.. They have even done several studies in which it is shown that thanks to animals like dogs and cats, you can be a better person and be healthier mentally and physically.
- Physiological. Having a pet at home favors the unconscious and involuntary release of the hormone oxytocin and endorphins, associated with pleasure and enjoyment. This brings us different advantages, such as reducing the anxiety and stress caused by loneliness, strengthening the immune system of young children, more physical activity thanks to games and walks, as well as protecting ourselves from certain cardiovascular diseases.
- Psychological benefits Our pet will be the best companion, in all cases. It is demonstrated that dogs and cats increase our self-esteem and our sense of responsibility, contribute and encourage our happiness, diminish the feeling we can have in the face of loneliness and our psychological alterations, etc.
- Psychosocial benefits to be a better person. Walking and being accompanied by a pet always gives us the opportunity to interact with new people and be part of other groups. Our furry friends make it easier for us to get involved in events related to them, build trust in some interpersonal friendships and help us, in general, to foster socialization skills.
- Therapeutic benefits. The interaction with pets has facilitated many treatments, both in assisted and motivational therapies to enhance recovery and improve conditions or pathologies in people of all ages.
The animals have been entering little by little throughout our family circle. If we visit any home we will find many examples, not only of dogs and cats, but also of hamsters, rabbits, turtles, fish, etc.
But how does one of our pets get to become a better person?
- Through very simple things. Life is sometimes not as complex as it may seem. And from looking at our pets we will learn it. The very fact of observing them, playing and interacting, taking a walk, feeding, will make us reflect on the little things in life, that we often put aside. They are happy, without the need to be connected to a smartphone or a device with a connection to the network.
- A lesson in loyalty. Not only of dogs, as is better known. Also in all kinds of animals and pets. Loyalty and companionship is always admirable in any animal. They do not have many of the defects that we have, such as envy.
- They help us to express our feelings better, to do a real exercise of sincerity.
- With them we learn to forgive and to reflect. It is common for our pet to break something or commit some unexpected action. But we will come to the conclusion that they are not to blame and we will end up forgiving. It is not possible to get angry with them and that will influence our behavior in society.
- From seeing our friend sharing, we will learn also learn to do it. Not only material issues, but also our emotions.
- Joy is contagious and we will be happier to see them happy.
The will to live
NOur dog or pet in general lives with intensity every day, wherever you are. If we take him to walk always in the same place, it does not matter, he will be happy and content, attentive to any stimulus to enjoy and have fun.
The pet that lives with us he does not think or torment himself for the past, nor does he worry too much about the future. Live the present. That lesson is very important that we all learn it.
Enthusiasm and a lot of love
The delivery of your love and your love is unconditional. Dog owners know these sensations well. The expression of love in all its dimensions, without shyness and get excited about small things.
Being close to a dog or any animal in general helps us to be more expressive and more human. They understand feelings much more than words. It is a very useful lesson for our lives.
There is much we can learn from our pets and the animals that surround us.